Chancey Design is looking for new talent. Below are positions that is currently available in our Tampa office.
POSITION: Construction Administration Professional
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Accredited Architectural or Building Construction degree preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience with and knowledge of current trends in industry software and processes for project delivery, project management and construction administration.
- Extensive experience in CA required with a wide range of knowledge in building systems, building codes, and accessibility codes.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of construction techniques and methods.
- Understanding and knowledge of permit approval processes and the ability to manage projects through all construction phases.
- Must be team focused
- Must be detail orientated, efficient, and passionate about construction administration.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project Construction Management
- Quality Control and technical review of construction documents
- Construction Administration services
- May require periodic travel throughout Florida
Shop Drawing review, responding to Contractor RFIs and review/approval of Contractor pay apps.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Include CA Professional in subject field. No phone calls please.
POSITION: BIM/CAD/IT Support Specialist
Chancey Design Partnership is hiring a BIM/CAD/IT Support Specialist. The BIM/CAD/IT Support Specialist will develop and maintain firm-wide technology systems and standards.
-Provide oversight and direction of BIM/CAD/IT systems
-Work with key project leaders to create and publish BIM/CAD/IT Standards
-Responsible for ensuring the effective deployment of standards
-Work with key project leaders to assess requirements for ongoing user training initiatives
-Responsible for implementing an effective ongoing training program
-Creation of customized content for Revit and AutoCAD
-Establish and maintain schedule and protocol for software upgrades and patches
-Ensure a consistent deployment of software version firm wide
-Establish and maintain schedule for hardware replacement and maintenance
-Responsible for Office Data Standards
-Ensures appropriate equipment/software/setup for new hires on a timely basis
-Support internal user groups
-Lead efforts to disseminate information firm wide
-Research of software trends and best practices, to improve efficiency of work throughout CDP.
Desired Skills and Experience
-A Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of directly-related experience as a CAD or IT manager or coordinator at a design firm
-Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit Architecture and related BIM software
-Solid understanding of legacy CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD
-Demonstrated ability to deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and support to project teams
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Include BIM/CAD/IT Support Specialist in subject field. No phone calls please.
POSITION: Project Designer
We are currently seeking a Project Designer to join our team. As a Project Designer, in partnership with the Project Manager and Project Architect, are accountable for project financial performance and team communication. Responsible for the development of conceptual design of all phases of one or more projects. As a member of the project team, establishes design direction, assists and coordinates with the construction document preparation to support design intent, prepares for design presentations and coordinates with agencies affecting design.
- Originates and develops creative design concepts and the design documents during the design development phase.
- Supports the resolution of design solutions during the construction documents and construction administration phases. May assist with the completion of construction documents.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Develops solutions to design problems.
- Oversees design team or less experienced designers to ensure design intent.
- Oversees design team to ensure project is on schedule and within budget.
- Oversees design team in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Regularly communicates with client representatives to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and design delivery.
- Prepare client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
- Supports the marketing and business development activities of the office when needed.
- Provides technical support and project communications to team as required.
- Attends on-site visits and client meetings to verify design requirements and delivers design progress reviews.
- Provide support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or areas of design expertise.
- Assists Project Manager with defining project work plans.
- Participates in team meetings to ensure the design intent is consistently in adherence.
- Performs as Team Leader on certain projects.
- Leads a small team of less senior designer or technicians in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems following established standards.
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Responsible for tracking electronic project data and files.
- Facilitates team internal and external project communications.
- Required Skills
- Advanced design, visual and graphic presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the design of small to large projects to fruition.
- Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 required.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software required.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Advanced knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Ability to work in team environment and supervise others.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 plus years design experience preferred
- Licensed Architect preferred
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Include PROJECT DESIGNER in subject field. No phone calls please.
POSITION: Architectural Intern
Performs and completes work on defined segments of a project, after initial and periodic interaction with assigned supervisor and organizes own work efforts within that framework. Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits thorough understanding of design philosophy of projects and provides input in developing a design strategy relative to assigned task or area of responsibility.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Checks and coordinates details, dimensions, and schedules.
- Performs material and building systems research and participates in the coordination and preparation of project specifications.
- Reviews selective shop drawings and samples.
- Develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc.
- Prepares punch-lists and field observation reports
- Provides input of project document control tasks.
- Is actively pursuing or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
- Please note this job description contains only a partial listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- Minimum of three years total professional experience; experience in all phases of project work including preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials preferable.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital modeling and rendering programs, and Photoshop preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Include ARCHITECTURAL INTERN in subject field. No phone calls please.